Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Firenze




















It was 95 degrees in Florence today, and the sun stays out all day. We walked around a lot and did a lot of shopping, but we both found what we came for!! We went to my favorite place for lunch in Florence, The Oil Shoppe which makes amazing sandwiches (the owner even remembered me because I was there as often as possible last year!) We walked over the Ponte Vecchio to the Pitti Palace and there was a whole flag throwing tournament going on. Kind of a cool thing to stumble upon. We ate dinner outside at the Piazza next to the Plazza Vecchio and the Uffizi and afterwards walked up to Piazza Michelangelo to watch the sunset over the city (at a quarter to 10pm!). It was gorgeous. Our feet hurt from all the walking, but we talk about how much we have seen in these past couple of weeks! Tomorrow we go to Pisa to see the tower and take off for Barcelona where we plan to see the sites and spend a lot of time on the beach and perhaps go out to celebrate (when else am I going to have a birthday in Barcelona??)
Florence has been incredible, and its been so nice staying at Gallo D'Oro and being in this amazing city!

1-3. The city at night from Piazza Michelangelo
4. Smart car!
5. Alex loves those tiny cars!
6. The Flag thowers at the Pitti Palace!
7. Ahh the Ponte Vecchio...
8. ...is so bella!
9. Pesto. The love of my life.
10. After seeing my plate, I think Alex was sad at her decision (no worries she got pizza too!)
11. Me at dinner (feeling icky from the heat!)
12. Our view from dinner (my fav building)
13. Alex in front of the Gates of Paradise (nice bag)
14. The Duomo

4 comments:

Mom said...

Beautiful - Beautiful - Alex - you could put that car in your purse! Still enjoying your pics.

Unknown said...

hey alex, what's up with all the accessories? 3 necklaces and 5 bracelets? you're like a little kid!!! hehe, just kidding. that pesto looks outstanding. hey whit, i hope you're learning some recipes so you can cook for me and jd. next stop, Barcelona. it was my household's favorite!!!!

Lance said...

Hi Whitney,

Your pictures at night are wonderful. I do love cities at night, there is something special about them, you get to see sunsets, a coolness in the air and all the lights.

Keep on walkin and shopin

Love you
Dad

your family said...

I see my bag is getting a lot of use! The pictures are beautiful, but I would like to see some funny ones (like the ones we took on our euro trip). Maybe on your next stop you could pretend to be holding up the tower? ...just a thought

Luv Ya!
Mimi