Friday, June 15, 2007

Roman Holiday

We arrived in Rome last night to our hostel, we walked around a little bit and saw the Colloseum at night, it was gorgeous. I already felt at home.

Today we woke up early and went back to the Colloseum and there was no line! It was 830am, we have a habit of waking up really early. Its nice to see those places with no people standing in your way. Then we walked through the Roman Forum and all around the sites like the Emmanuel II monument, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Medici Villa, etc. We also did a lot of wandering through cool little streets and ate margherita pizze at a sidewalk cafe. A lot of my Italian is coming back to me and Alex is picking it up, its fun to dive into the culture like that! Italy is just amazing, just being here and hearing the language and seeing the buildings and the streets is always a dream come true. Its not as hot as we thought, its actually very nice. Tomorrow we are going to the Vatican and all of that. The computers at our hostel are weird, Im not sure I can post pictures here...Perhaps later!

Alex and I have our fair share of...run ins. I had my bag on one shoulder yesterday and a German guy bumped into it and it skidded down my arm. That huge backpack is heavy and now I have a nice big bruise on the inside of my arm (to match the bee sting on my shoulder). Also, we were walking by all the shops in the Piazza di Spagna part and there was a woman standing outside a shop and a cute little Palmeranian white dog at her feet, I was looking at him and he started walking towards Alexs leg, lurched out and bit her leg!! It was the craziest thing Ive ever seen, luckily it didnt hurt her seriously so we can laugh about it now. With the uneven stones we are constantly tripping and I almost fell down a bunch of marble steps by the Medici Villa but caught myself at the last second. I guess when you walk for 10 hours a day something is bound to happen. But no worries moms, dads, aunts, friends etc etc....our number one concern is saftey! We are always safe! Just a little clumsy...

Miss and Love.
Ciao ciao for now!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Alexee - I'm surprised you got bit - animals usually like you (I guess the Italian ones don't) - glad to hear you guys are being safe - Say Hi to the Pope for me.

Unknown said...

i'm glad those "italian animals" don't like alex!!! especially those tall, dark, and handsome ones!!!!

have fun, don't drink too much Fernet!!! blech...